Saturday, October 13, 2012

something saturday. . . . . .

We moved to our current home just right at 6 years ago. We've had many. . . . and I mean MANY visitors.  From the stranded and broke down "Virgin Whores" rock band. To the guy that couldn't speak English and just wanted water.  To the lady walking to California.  I've had to call the Sheriff dept WAY to many times.  Believe me, they know exactly where Corina Ummel lives.  Don't need an address from me! 

A couple years ago I received a call from a neighbor.  A neighbor who's son just happened to be the previous homeowner of our house.  She had baked bread all day and just couldn't eat it all by herself.  So, not only did she bring us a loaf, but also brought homemade butter for it. Today I received another call from this neighbor.  Sometimes you just have to smile!!  She had cousins visiting from Missouri.  And they were researching "the old round barn".  For those who say what??  We've been told that there was an old round barn that was used as a stopping point way back when.  It is no longer standing, but was on our land.  My smile??  In the phone call my neighbor explains that they are going to be out and about researching.  "Would that be okay?"  "I promise, we've had nothing to drink.  We are sober."  This just cracks me up!!  So our Saturday has been a wonderful day!!  We've had 70 something degree weather.  I have had the windows all opened up enjoying the beautiful day.  And we spent time standing in our front yard visiting.  Visiting with three 80 something and one 60 something year olds.  Learned some history and made some new friends.  Beautiful day at the Ummel house!!

No comments: