Thursday, February 7, 2013

whirlwind of F.U.N!!

And LOTS of it! 

Saturday morning Jorge, Roger and I left at the butt crack of dawn for Topeka. And got there just in time to go to a basketball game. Michele coaches a little girls team in their church recreation league. She has the cutest little girls!! One in the first grade and then the others are in the second and third grade. After one game, I already have my favorite. . . . Ella. Of course they all look tiny. It sure does bring back memories from when the girls were little. Ella was a little spitfire!! Michele laughs and says that she thinks that Ella has ADHD. She had her hair up in two ponytails. The pony's were wrapped up around. At halftime one of them fell, so one up. . . one hanging down. I kept thinking to myself that Michele should either fix the one, or let the other down too. So funny to see Ella running down the court. It was like the one pony hanging down must have weighed a ton. Later I found out that Michele DID try to fix the pony. But Ella didn't want it fixed. She thought she looked cool this way. I could just put her in my pocket and bring her home. I'm sure she keeps her Mom a hopping!! I have plans to go back to Topeka in a few weeks and will be able to go to their last game. Think I will have to take my camera!! Roger and I sure enjoyed the game!

Right after the game Michele, Jessica, Gabe, Roger and I were off! Off to Kansas City. Cousin Rick and Gayle had recently went to the West Bottoms in Downtown Kansas City. Lots of cute flea market types of stores. They are all open on the first Friday, Saturday and Sunday of each month. And just so happen that was this weekend. It was a HAVE to!! And in the VERY first store. . . . Roger made the very first purchase! So, if he tells you he didn't enjoy. . . he is lying! I do have to admit, lots of people. Lots of walking. Lots of stairs. But well worth it!! We are planning for the next trip. Let us know if you want to come along. Guaranteed jaw dropping!




We also got to meet and watch in action. . . . 
Jennifer Bertrand~HGTV's Design Star Season 3 winner.
After LOTS of walking, (and we didn't even hit every store) we were off! Off on the hunt. hehe. The hunt (pun intended) for a gun. Roger has been wanting a new gun. And I swear he is worse than a woman! First the kids and I were going to surprise him with one for Christmas. But it was really hard for me to keep up. To keep up with which one he wanted. He just kept changing his mind. Finally we decided to just give him money. So with that money, our money for Christmas (thanks everyone!) and some extra, Roger found his gun. And was he excited!! Like Michele said. . . . like a kid in a candy store.

.45 Big Boy Colt

 And of course the girls had to play!!

After a long day, we were back to Topeka. Michele's friend Nick then met us and we had a very nice supper at OutBack Steakhouse. Lots of laughs!

Sunday was our "lazy" day. We helped the girls move some furniture around. And of course had the Super Bowl on. Then Monday morning, Michele had a doctor's appointment I went to with her. And then onward west.

Oh my goodness! What a weekend!!!

No comments: