Tuesday, November 26, 2013

morning thoughts. . . .


This last weekend I had ran my hand across my husbands face. I instantly thought of this man. I know that sounds funny. . . .  but Roger just has so very many of his father's features. Not only his looks and wrinkles, but his smile, his caring and loving heart. I miss this guy so very much! He was such a good Grandfather! But boy oh boy did I cuss him at times. When I had supper on the table and then he would pull in the drive to do chores. My girls LOVED doing chores with Grandma and Grandpa! Eventually I planned my meals and times around when we thought Grandma and Grandpa would be there. If only I knew then what I know now. If anything I hope that what I learned from this man will make me a better grandparent when the time comes someday.



No comments: