Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't Blink!

One day your kids are playing......then you blink....... They grow up so fast. I can remember bringing Jessica home from the hospital. 8 lbs 2 oz. I just loved the rolls on her legs. My mother always said..... "The more rolls she has, the healthier she is". Then along came Michele. 7 lbs 8 oz. She had the longest fingers. My piano player.....not. But sure does love her sports. Funny how the same two people can make two kids who are so different. Today I realized I no longer have the say so....I can give my opinion, but not tell either of them what to do. They are grown up....not babies anymore. And don't need me like they used to. Don't get me wrong...... there are times they need me....but in different ways from when they were little. Jessica came home late last night for her Fall Break. Today we met and had dinner in town. I so enjoyed sitting and talking with her. So grown up....... happend right before my eyes....but not sure exactly when. She is finding her place in this big bad world we live in. Michele is just starting that ride. And I'm sure that shortly she will be finding her direction of life too. Time sure does fly when you are having fun....... but Don't Blink!!

No comments: