Thursday, March 21, 2013

never thought. . . . . .

Apparently I don't put much thinking into things. Then it was brought up to my attention. And then I went. . . . . DUH! 

I'm very much into saving money. Just like everyone else. And I just cringe every time I put fuel into my Tahoe. I usually try to fuel up at Dillon's. Then I can use my rewards points.

Did you know that you get more points when you buy gift cards at Dillon's? Not positive, but maybe like 4X the points. They sell ALL sorts of gift cards. Just not Dillon's! But also Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Applebee's, Subway, Old Navy, Outback Steakhouse and MANY MANY others. Even Amazon and Ebay. They also sell fuel cards. So, doesn't this make some sense? Before you fuel up, take 5 minutes and go into Dillon's and buy a fuel gift card. Then you get points for spending points. Duh!!

Yesterday I went to Dillon's. Bought a fuel card, a Home Depot card and a IHOP card. Fueled up and got my gas for like 50 cents cheaper than if I would have fueled up at WaKeeney. That made me smile. I got points for buying my Home Depot card that I was going to shop from anyways. And the IHOP card I plan on using the first weekend in April when I go visit my girls. (One of Jessica's favorites besides Outback)

I plan to be smart and save money!! Everyone has 5 minutes extra!!

No comments: