Thursday, March 28, 2013

who me??

Today is Thursday. Today is the day that Michele is coming home for the long Easter weekend. And today is the day that I seem to be just sitting on my behind getting nothing done. Dishes to be washed and floors to be moped. At least I did get her bedding washed yesterday. But yes, it is just laying on her bed. Jeezzzz! What is wrong with me?? :-) 

We've really been working in our basement. My Dad helped me build a shelf for my scrapbook papers. Then Roger has built me a couple shelves for all my scrapbook and sewing "stuff". I'm still in the process of putting everything away, but will post pictures when it is all put together. But do have to say I'm loving it!! I also picked up the cutest old vanity with mirror. And I can't wait to get my hands on the pretty little thing. I think I'm naming her "Lillie". And in doing all of this, I gave my parents my bedroom dresser, armorie and nightstand. They were theirs and they had given them to Roger and I many many years ago. Now they are going to repaint them and going to put it all in Cody's bedroom. Can't say we don't reuse or re purpose!! I'm really excited to see how it all looks when done. So, now you ask. . . . . if I gave away most of my bedroom furniture. . . . . what am I going to do?? Buy new? NOPE! It may take a while, but I will share when we are done. As I'm getting older I'm becoming more simple. Less is better? Roger would say that every time I get rid of stuff I buy more. And I have to agree. 

But at least I'm trying!!


No comments: