Thursday, October 31, 2013

For some time I have had a idea running around in my head. It just kept going around and around and around. But not to long ago I got it all figured out. And I have to say it ended up being a pretty cool idea if I don't say so my self. Now. . . . back to the beginning.

When my girls were in grade school and jr high, I started scrap booking. Oh dear was it addicting! I scrapped for them. Made books for their good friends graduations. Went to scrap parties. I always had little helpers telling me how I should add this color and where I should put that picture. But neither of the girls got too interested in this hobby. I even made it all the way thru their college graduations. And had all of these at their receptions. Got to admit they are fun to sit down and look back at. I wouldn't go back and change all the work if I could. After they graduated from college, it seems our lives get a little boring. So what exactly do you scrap about? Birthday. Thanksgiving. Christmas. Birthday. Thanksgiving. Christmas. And then maybe throw in this and that. I'm ashamed to say I haven't sat down and scrapped since Michele graduated from FHSU. My plan is to go back and finish scrap booking their birth to where I started. Just check some of these pages out~

birthdays to remember
the girls "first" cars


Graduations (where has the time gone?)

even a graduation gift from a grade school teacher


We had everyone who came to the reception sign these pages

Remember our friends!

and more important birthdays.....


the sad things that we should never forget!
Mishi signing to run track with FHSU
Jessica going to Washburn
and the good friends she made!

Oldest child..... first apartment

Who??
and we can't forget the making of Mr. Melt!

Cousins      





 
















 When Michele graduated from High School Jessica wanted something special for her. We came up with a "The ABC'S of Basketball". Wow! Talk about a LOT of work. But oh boy was it worth it. We all cried when Michele opened it.. There are pictures from all ages. From mayb to jr high to high school.



So. Now you ask what next. How can we document loads and loads of pictures. Well. . . . . this is how.~~~~~

I bought Courtney this book. The books don't have anything in them. They are just like a box
We got our pictures printed. Then they were put into the book. We also have a newspaper article about the days happenings and who was all there. What a cool place to share your important stuff with!




This is my book. It will be sitting on my coffee table.








 So. . .  . scrap book filled up with lots of scrap pages with pictures. Or a book that opens up and stores your pictures/stories/mementos. Well. . . Courtney and I are liking our books with the pictures. Pretty cool to have lay around. So see. We got places to go and places to see. Pictures to take. And a place to put them at. I'm going to have a lot of pictures from my next week trip! Can't wait to get some other stuff to put in my book too.  Starting to look like I need my Dad/Mom to come up and help me build that shelf in my living room. Gonna need a place to put all my picture books!!

No comments: