Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mother. . . .

For the peeps who have been wondering. . . . My Mother is doing very well. She is still getting daily iv's for the staff infection, but is having a GREAT response from the surgery. 

BUT! 

She had a "little" set back. Just a little. . . . . . . . . . . wink wink

Last weekend they were walking into The Mall @ Hays and unfortunately there was a carpet area worn and sticking up. Yep! You guessed it. She tripped on it. Fell. Hit her head on the glass door. Yes. I said glass door. But thankfully it didn't break. Her head or the glass. After a ride in a ambulance, there were no broken bones. But there WAS a lot of bruising. A lot of blue. A lot of aches and pains. Broken glasses. When she fell she landed on her side. Trying to protect herself she fell on her hip. And this week she has had an steroid injection in it. (Which, the last I heard, has helped)

From my Mother's mouth. . . . "I'm a tough old broad!"

No comments: