Saturday, December 7, 2013

thanksgiving/black thursday??

Gosh! Thanksgiving came and went! Hard to believe that Christmas is almost here. Where does the time go? 

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. With Mom still having problems since her fall, I was blessed with Thanksgiving dinner. And I'm not saying blessed. But R.E.A.L.L.Y blessed! I can not even tell you if I have ever hosted Thanksgiving dinner before this year. We have always went to my Mom and Dad's. This was always Charlene's holiday. I'm sure she was laughing in heaven watching me cooking and getting everything ready. Probably with her arm covering her eyes. But it DID turn out well. And I did NOT burn anything. NO fire alarms went off. {cough cough} {like others we know} {cough cough} {like about every year}


And of course the Ummel tradition. . . . This year it was shooting Mama's new gun!



And of course the planning. . . . . 


We then did the Black Friday {Black Thursday} thing. I know there was lots of controversy on when shopping should start. That it shouldn't be on Thanksgiving. I completely understand. BUT we do always complain and say we ate way too much. That we should get up and do something. . . . . Well, we did. We planned. We shopped. We succeeded! Go team!

Thank you Courtney for standing in line and being our "person" for the tv bracelet! You are awesome!  We did good! There was O.N.L.Y 21 tv's. And we got 4!


 Yes. We are honest! 

Just in case you are wondering. Dad was sitting next to me in the tv line. Mom was fighting her way for the jeans. {in a wheelchair} Go Mom! Michele was smooshed among the people for hours to get her sound bar. And Cody was a big help going between Grandma and Michele helping them out. 


Turkey cooked. Turkey ate. Nap. Shopping. Home and snuggled in bed by 10:00 pm.

GO TEAM!

No comments: