Saturday, May 10, 2014

trim & doors

So many changes and I think I'm in love!  I posted a while back that I was working on my trim and doors.  And T.H.O.U.G.H.T that I was liking it.  I should have known when I decided to see what I thought after a few days.  Not so much.  So then I started on the hunt again.  I knew exactly what I wanted, or at least I thought I knew what I wanted.  I just couldn't get it. It took some time. BUT. . . Finally I have it.  We moved into our current home in October 2006.  I have never been a fan of the color of my trim. 

First of all it helped when I decided to try out this paint brush.  Home Depot.  I have since bought me some more.  The handle is shorter and flexible.  Regular paint brushes make my hands cramp.  Not this one!  Just L.O.V.E it!


My next suggestion is the kit I bought from Home Depot.  It is a Rust-oleum cabinet kit.  Comes with a cleaner, scour pads, base coat paint, glaze, cheesecloth and clear coat. 



This is a before picture.  From what I can figure out, the doors and trim were origonally blonde color.  I think maybe they used some gel stain at some point to try to make the finish darker.


 The left side is the base coat with the glaze.  The right is just the base coat.


And this is Jessica's finished door.  Just got to put the handle back on.  Eventually I hope to do this finish on all the trim and all the doors in my house.  Hmmmm. . . . . what a job.  But somebody's got to do it.  :-)

No comments: