Wednesday, November 12, 2014

ba. . . ba. . . . back. . . .

A few weeks ago my Mom had major back surgery.  Lets just say there were complications and we were taking turns staying with her.  She is now home and MUCH better now.  Thank goodness.  We don't want to do that again!

Before my Mom's surgery, we had started a bathroom remodel.  And yes we are still working on that bathroom remodel.  It kind of came to a screeching halt.  Michele and Nick had came home to help us with a water leak.  Seems the water drain to the tub was rotted and ALL the water was just going into the crawl space.  YUCK!  Now we wonder for how long?????  Oh my! Thank goodness we got that fixed.  

So.  Believe this.  That end of our house that has the "crawl" space under it,  there is only about a foot of room between the floor and the ground.  And there is no insulation.  Is there really suppose to be or not?  I'm not sure.  But you know me.  I got it in my brain that it would make that wood floor warmer and once it is in that brain. . . . .  it isn't coming out.  :-) 

So. . . . . . 

imagine this. . . 
Roger and Nick. . . .
sliding on their backs. . . 
with insulation. . . 
sucking in their tummy's. . . 
Michele tried. . . . 
but just couldn't . . . . 
and what could I say. . . 
at least she tried. . . 
I wouldn't even go under. . . 
and the only way out was the 2x2 hole Roger cut in the floor. 

The good. . . 
with the cold weather. . . . 
the floor is warmer!!!
So. . . . 
it was worth it!

Thank you Dear!
Thank you Nick! 

No comments: