Saturday, September 19, 2015

Luke. . . . .

We lost our Luke a couple weeks ago.  :-(  

Let me tell you a story. . . . . . . 

Years ago I was at work.  And everyday we listened to Tradio. This was a radio show.  It was the place you sent your requests to on things you wanted to buy or sell.  So. . . . I'm working.  And I hear my phone number being said on Tradio.  What???  

Wanted ~ Just moved to the country and we are wanting a puppy.  Would like a lab, but will consider other breeds.  

Huh?????

I called home.  And I heard this from Michele.  "Mom, you said I could get a puppy when we moved to the country.  Well, we moved."

That day Michele and her Dad were making an hour or so trip to pick up Luke.  He was about 9 months old.  A lab who had papers but couldn't sell because his back end didn't fit standards.  

Forward to the next day.  

You have to be kidding!!!  All the girls I work with are laughing!  I again hear my phone number on Tradio.

I again call home.  This time I hear from Jessica.  "Well.  It worked for Michele. I want a husky."

Thank goodness nobody ever called.  Because not long after we got Jorge for Jessica.  

Luke was Michele's.  Jorge was Jessica's.  Yes. . .  we have had these two dogs gracing our home.  I can't complain. I really wouldn't have had it any different.  

You will be missed Luke. . . . .




No comments: