Saturday, January 8, 2011

just when you think......

that everything is going to be better. That the new year is off to a great start.........

Please keep my Uncle Melvin and all of his family in your prayers!! Uncle Melvin's wife Sherri passed away on Wednesday. Her funeral is Monday @ 2pm. Mom and Dad are on their way right now. They thought they better get to Manhattan before the snow storm hits tomorrow.  Hopefully, everything can go as planned with the snow and everyone can stay safe. We love you all and will be thinking of you!!

Then earlier this morning I got a phone call from my boss saying that our hospital CFO's husband had died this morning. What a shock!   So please, ALSO keep Joy and her family in your prayers too!

OK! Bad stuff done! Onto the rest of us........

Jessica ended up with the flu on New Years Day and has been struggling with it for pretty much most of the week. Then she also ended up with a cold on top of that. YUCK! But I did talk to her last night and she was sounding much much better. She was stocking up on groceries, getting gas and just plain getting things ready in case she gets the snow they are predicting. And bless Gabe's heart! He is also making sure she has everything he needs to dig her out afterward and take care of her during the snowstorm. Sure glad she has him!!! 

Michele kept us busy this last week. She MOVED! Those roommates of hers were just plain LOUSY! Drank alot, partied alot, trashed the house ALOT and just plain RUDE most the time! Pretty sad when she felt she had to put a lock on her bedroom so nobody could sleep in her bed when she was gone. {And sucks to be the girl that went home for most of Christmas break. The others are letting people sleep in her bed while she is gone. Y.U.C.K! } So.... she subleased her room and found a new place. And the funny thing is, the house is SOOOO much like our first house we moved into when we moved to WaKeeney! She says it just feels like home. And we are so glad!!!!! A happy Michele means the rest of us are happy too! There are a total of 6 girls that are living in the house, but believe me, there is plenty of room. I could move into that house!!!!! And just in the days she has been staying there, she is loving it!  H.A.P.P.Y!!!

Roger & I..... we have just been pretty much work & home. I started cutting up Char's pj's this last week. I know, sounds sad. I was at first, but am really getting excited the more I cut. The squares are going to be used for me to make some quilts for the rest of us. They are going to be SOOO beautiful! And what a memory for us to have and keep! I even had a lady print a picture of Charlene on fabric that is going to go in the quilts too. How special that will be!  I will post pictures.... later.... when I get them ALL done. So it will be probably a few months. Beauty takes time. 

Roger has spent most of this morning ..... outside. :-) Piddling. {his favorite saying} I know he is probably getting his tractor ready for the snow that is suppose to be coming in the next couple days. The TV is saying 5-9 inches. I'm sure they will change their minds more than once before it gets here. I know we need the moisture, but I have a test on Monday morning. So hopefully we can get to that. I had an EGD a couple weeks ago since I've been having so much troubles with my stomach. I was sure I had an ulcer. But no. The stomach looked yucky but the biopsy's were good. But he did say we need to get to the source. So Monday I am having an RNGB. That is the test that will tell us if my gallbladder is functioning right. And if that is okay, I will be sent onto a surgeon. Dr. Doug is thinking that my stomach is not working right. That when I eat, the opening at the top of the stomach is too lax and everything comes back up. If that is it.... I will have to have surgery to try to fix it. Sounds like they go in and tie off the top of the stomach.... with the stomach? ewwwwww! 

Anyways....... have a GREAT weekend! Enjoy the snow! And stay safe!
And..... keep Uncle Melvin and Joy's families in your prayers.

FYI................. I'm staying in my pj's ALL day today! Go me!

No comments: