Monday, July 21, 2014

So very blessed. . . . . .

I spent most the last week in Topeka.  Mostly at M's.  She had asked me to come and help her paint/faux  finish her garage.  It turned out so good!  :-)  But boy was the week busy!!  And we couldn't have asked for better weather for painting.  We were so blessed!!

~ M and I both ended up with a little food poisoning.  Boo.
~ Painted.
~ Got to eat dinner one day with J.
~ Painted.
~ Painted.
~ Painted.
~ M treated me to a spa day.  My massage was G.R.E.A.T!  Oh my goodness!  I most definitely will be going back!
~ More painting.  :)
~ Friday I got to spend the day with M and J.  Shopping in KC.  Shopped till we dropped!
~ Spent Friday night at J's.
~ Home Saturday. 


Before. . . .

Before. . . .

After. . . .

After. . . . We painted/glazed the doors to look like wood.  They turned out sooooo good!  We also painted/glazed the front door to match. 




Next on M's list is a new front screen door.  What a difference that will make.  She is loving having a home to work on!  Today she was working on the door that goes into the house from the garage.  I think she is going to glaze it too and make it look like the front door and the garage.  Then she is going to repaint the side and back trims around the windows and paint the doors.  You can't tell from this picture, but the house has a walk out basement.  So Nick is going to have to get out the ladder.  Can't wait to see when the other three sides are done.  Nick is also building a Morton building in the back.  They are busy beavers!!

No comments: