Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Covid 19 ~ Day 10

The days are starting to run into each other. You have to stop and think.... what day is this?  There several counties around Kansas City that now have went to the next step with stay at home orders. This is for Kathryn & Tanner & kids. Also for Cara and Nathan. Sedgwick's order goes into effect tomorrow morning at 12:01am.  Vicki, Dennis, Kim and her fiance live in Sedgwick County. My sister Jenny, Mike and daughter Haylee are there too. Both Jenny and Haylee work at a hospital.

Shawnee County's order goes into effect at 12.01 Thursday morning. Jessica & Gabe live in Shawnee County. Today's count is at 98 for Kansas. That was 98 that got tested. And it is expected that there are cases in Shawnee County that haven't been tested. Just scary!! Stormont Vail  in Topeka brought in their first patient with Covid-19 today. But that patient was not from Shawnee County. The numbers are rising so fast, these stay at home orders need to be reinforced!! Let's get rid of this crap!!

There have still only been 2 deaths from this terrible virus in Kansas. And unfortunately a Man in Arizona has died from taking chloroquine phosphate, which is a fish tank cleaner. There has been hearsay that the medicine chloroquine sulfate could be part of the treatment for this virus. Apparently this couple did not listen or know that there was a difference. This gentelmens wife is now in icu. So so scary!!!! Don't try to be the doctor!!! Let them tell us what to do and please for gosh sakes listen!! They are not just wanting us to social distance for the fun of it!!!

Western Kansas is still seeming to be free of this virus, but you know it will be coming. BUT When? I have been sick for most of the winter. I've had so many issues with my sinuses. My surgery last March was suppose to fix it. But not sure it did. I had RSV over New Years. I've been on a antibiotic for most the winter. I was suppose to have a procedure on the 9th of April to break up all the scar tissues in my sinuses. But I got the call today that all surgeries were being postponed.

And then when you think this all can't get worse, Roger's Uncle Paul died. They live in Colorado. There will be a graveside service with only the immedient family under the tent. Everyone else is to stay in their vehicles. They will be able to listen to the service over a radio station. Thankfully his daughters are going to have a memorial for him when all this craziness is over. Sad week! Prayers and Hugs to all the family!!!!

Our Grandson Wade is hanging in there. They have good days and they have bad days. Talk about turning your life upside down!! The good out of all this is that within the first week he has pretty well poddie trained. Even wearing his undies at nap time. Way to go Wade!!!

The sad visits are when he asks if he can come to our house. Poor little guy just doesn't understand!! And I have to admit I'm having  Wade withdrawal!!!! Thank goodness for our Facebook portal!! The other evening we had a four way chat and it was awesome!!!! Michele & Wade , Jessica & Gabe, My Mom and Dad and then Roger and I. I think we talked for over a hour. It was nice to just be with them all and laugh.

Last week I was just really down in the dumps! Just sitting and laying around watching all the news and updates. And now I'm slowing that all down and just get up and moving more. Been cleaning. Tomorrow I have high hopes to make it out to my workshop. I haven't been out there since last fall before I got sick all winter.

Enjoy the beautiful day tomorrow!!
Stay well!!

No comments: