Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Susie homemaker......

HAHA.....I know I know. Suppose to be happy homemaker, but since I'm Susie I can change it if I want to.

This weekend seemed to be busy for the whole family. Not only the girls, but Roger and I too. Our three day weekend turned into LOTS of work. Roger worked in our wash room putting up new bead board. Also framing in the back door. I worked in the bathroom. (We won't tell you that we started the bathroom before Michele graduated High School.) All that matters is that we are getting closer to getting it finished.

On Saturday while Roger was doing his handy work, I was canning. This was the first year we planted a garden. Well......we planted it a little late, but is now getting the fruits of our labor. Just about time! Everyone else's is just about done. Until now we have really enjoyed getting cucumbers and tomatoes from Glada and Audrey's garden. Theirs did really well this year. So far all I had canned was dill pickles and also bread n butter pickles. On Saturday I decided to try salsa. OH YEAH!!!! Tastes pretty good if I didn't say so myself. We also had gotten some cabbage from a lady I work with. Homemade cole slaw. Roger really liked it. But I want to try to find the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chickens cole slaw. YUM YUM! On Sunday Audrey and Glada brought us more tomatoes and cucumbers.....so tomorrow after work I'm making more bread n butter pickles and going to try pasta sauce. We will let you know how that turns out.

No comments: