Wednesday, April 24, 2013

just draining. . . .

Our last few weeks have been just draining! Waiting & worrying is just draining.

But, we are happy to say everything is A.O.K!

The very end of February was my annual mammogram. You read "annual" right?? Yes, I have my annual mammogram/well woman EVERY year. I am a very for this. Especially after having "pre cancerous cells" in 2006 and having my hysterectomy. WHY would anyone want to wait till after you have cancer?? And after the last few weeks I will be the preacher of mammogram's too!

The next day I received the call. "Corina, we have a problem." I was then scheduled for a bilateral mammogram and a ultrasound. On both sides. A week later, with me being curious, watched the screen. And was not sure I liked what I seen. But what do I know?? Right! My mammogram was fine last year. My primary doctors nurse called and said that everything was okay. And I just needed to have all the tests redone in 4 months. But then my gynaecologist called and said that they preferred to send me onto The Breast Center. "Let's let the ones who deal all the time with these decide what is best." A week and a half later I sat in the room waiting for the doctor to come in. Nervous as can be!!

The first question was "First, let's see what you have been told."

Me ~ I had a mammogram, bilateral mammogram and ultrasound on both sides. The spot on my right side was nothing. And I have a large cyst on my left side. Not a big deal.... right??

And this is what I heard ~ Well, actually. . . . . The spot on your right is a simple fluid filled cyst the size of a pea. Nothing to worry about. You have another simple fluid filled cyst the size of a quarter on your left side at 2 o'clock. Nothing to worry about. BUT, you also have another cyst at 1 o'clock. This one is a little bigger than a quarter and is a fluid filled cyst, which is good, but it also has solid filled spots inside of it.

CRAP! A biopsy was scheduled.
My Humira was stopped. CRAP!

And a week later, last Thursday, I had some biopsy's taken.
No. . . . they do not put you under.
Yes. . . .they do numb it.
No. . .. it wasn't as bad as it sounds or what I imagined.
Yes. . . I really hurt after the numbing wore off
And....
Yes. . . I'm still sore.

And then we wait. . . . till yesterday.

It is benign! 

Thank goodness!!  I will follow up with the cancer doctor in 6 months. Everything will be ran again. As I understand, my tissue is not normal. There is a new way of mammograms out there. Tomography. It is not for everyone, but I would benefit from it. Only problem it will be some time before you see it offered everywhere. Right now the closest is Kansas City. And it is probable that I will be asked to go there.

We are way okay with this!
Whatever I need to do!

So.... to today. My Humira is laying on the counter getting warmed up. I have been given the okay to start it back up. And probably by the time you read this, it will be in my body. THANK GOODNESS!! 

Lesson of the day ~ One in every seven women get breast cancer.
                             ~ Most breast cancer is curable if caught early.

     Get your annual mammogram and well woman check!!

No comments: