Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hop along home.....

Michele is home! We came home the middle of yesterday afternoon. She has had some problems with the pain. Also with her stomach not working properly. But we are getting there. And SOO glad to be out of that dang hospital! I'm a much better nurse if I don't say so myself! She got some good sleep last night and today is just going to be a hang out and sleep day for her. DUH! Our plans right now is for her to be here until Tuesday morning. Then I will be taking her to Hays and to her classes. We hope that by Wednesday either she can drive herself to class, (she got a special parking pass) or her roommates have said they will work it out and take her till she can do it herself. I will be taking Wednesday afternoon off from work and take her to her first physical therapy appointment. Going to be a long haul, but we have high hopes it will be well worth it. Then in a year, she will have a second surgery. They will be going back in and taking out two of the pins. But the doctor has said it is a VERY simple surgery. Probably the easiest one she will ever have.
~I'm very glad this all happened so very fast! I'm glad it is over! And I sooooo hope that this fixes the problem!!!!! Nobody should hurt like she was from just the simple things of life. The doctor even said that he has hopes that she should be able to go back to shooting basketball and even running again. She laughed and told him that she is done with sports for competition, but just wants to be able to have fun. Life is going to be good!!!!

No comments: