Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Christmas letter.....

As my children keep saying.... I'm a scrooge this year. We do have the tree up. And it is decorated... thanks to Michele. She just wouldn't take no for an answer. Thank you Michele! As we were pulling the decorations up, I ran across three boxes of Christmas cards. And no, I'm not sending them out this year. But if I were to send them out, this is what the letter would say inside.........

Dear Family & Friends,
      This year has been a very busy year for our family. A lot has happened and we are waiting for the new year to start. In short.... this year has really stunk!
      ~ We lost my sister Charlene the end of May. It is so hard to have that ray of sunshine.... just be gone. They say time heals.... but I'm still waiting for that to happen.
      ~ Michele has had three knee surgeries. April 15th they went in and reconstructed a few things in her knee. In short words, they broke the bone under her knee. She ended up with 2 screws, a pin and a small pin that was drilled into her knee to hold the new ligament.  On June 17th they had to go in and break the scar tissue that was preventing her knee to bend. Very painful! And then on November 24th they went back in and took 2 of the screws out. She is healing well, but will be "taking it easy" for a couple more months so the bone where the screws were taken out can heal and get strong. We know that there is not a true fix, but hope it helps. 
       ~ Jessica is keeping busy in Topeka. She switched jobs in May and now is the Assistant Manager for College Hill. She is still looking for that "perfect" job in her degree of Marketing. And I'm sure with her determination, she will find it. It just takes time.
       ~ Roger is "STILL" driving the truck. I'm sure he just drives in circles every day! :-)
       ~ Me.... well..... I'm just hanging in there. I have went to working 3 1/2 days a week. Just need some extra time for myself. Taking care of the "home" and holding everything together.

      This year has been rough. But we did it together. Together as a family. And from our family to yours..... We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

                                                                     Love, 
                                                            Roger, Corina, Jessica & Michele

No comments: