Friday, February 4, 2011

god and me. . . . . .

we had a little chat. . . . . . . .

Wednesday I had a doctors appointment in Hays.  And the first thing they do is weigh you. It was not good. NOT good at all! I prefer to not share those numbers. :-) But I can say. . . . . it is the most that I have ever weighed. So ok! I was a little bummed. Obviously not bummed enough as I went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. And what did I buy? Donuts. . . . for Roger. (Sure, they were for him!) Unloaded the cart with my groceries. . . and hey, maybe I can eat one of the donuts on the way home. I'm starving!!!! So, here I am. Driving down interstate. Trying to break into that donut box. Get one out and take that first yummy bite. AND WHAT???? I grabbed the WRONG donuts. The ones with the pudding in the middle of them. The ones that I absolutely can't stand their texture in my mouth. I can't believe it!! I almost threw the whole box out the window!

Yes God. . . . . I know!

 Fast forward to today. I had a follow up with my primary physician. Again. . . what do they do, but weigh me. Gosh darn it! And guess what? I STILL weigh more than I have ever weighed. When he asks me if I have any questions. . . . silly me. . . . I ask. . . . . "Just by chance, can my weight gain be from my meds?" And the answer was. . . . "Ummmmm, I'm sorry Corina. But we really can't blame it on them."   HMMMM! 
Can't say I didn't try!

Yes God. . . . . I know!

So. . . . . why am I telling you this? If I told you I weigh less than I have in many years, you would look at me, laugh and say sure. Ya. Right. I know I have gained the weight. And looking at me, we all know that I have gained the weight. So, this is now me having a chat with God. . . . . . .

Yes God, I know I have gained weight.
Yes God, I'm going to do something about it.
AND Yes God, I'm telling EVERYONE!
if I fail, then Yes God, EVERYONE will know.

Yes God. I know!

No comments: