Saturday, February 12, 2011

lots to say. . . . . . .



~ First of all I wanted to talk about the snow. Tuesday. A day of cold, blowing snow. I took the picture of our cars about half ways thru the day. So there was much more snow by the end of the day. Roger thought we ended up with about 8-9-10 inches. Was actually very beautiful inside our trees, but outside of that the wind was just crazy with blizzard conditions. To say the least we got to hunker down at home for the day. And hunker down, Jorge did! If I have said that a dozen times, I will end up saying that a dozen more. Last night I went out to start the grill. . . . . and this is what I found. Do you think Roger loves this little dog?

~ Monday we went to Dr. Locke's funeral. What an uplifting and spiritual service. Michele and I decided that when we grow up, we want to be just like Marlin. If the rest of the world was like him, it would be such a beautiful place to be. Please keep his family in your prayers as they start the next part of their lives without their loved one.

~ Wednesday. Wednesday was the day that when I left from work. . . . my 8 month old new car would not start. YI YI YI! Luckily Roger had not been able to work because of the snow, so he was at home when I called. And was able to come and get it started. BUT then his jumper cables decided to die. So now I want to put a bug in every one's ears and say that Smitty's in Quinter is WONDERFUL! Smitty was kind enough to allow Roger to borrow his jumper cables to get the car started. Then WONDERFUL to put our car in his shop for the night. Then WONDERFUL to let us borrow a new battery from him so I can drive to the dealership to exchange my bad battery for a new one. Smitty is just WONDERFUL! Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

~ Thursday. After coming home from work, picking up Roger, and going back to Quinter to pick the car up. We got home obviously later than usual. After starting supper, I went to start my dryer. . . . . which would not work. This seems to be my lucky week! We have had troubles with it on and off blowing a fuse. Guess now is the time to call the electrician and get that new box put in. YI YI YI!

~ Friday. Finally Friday!  First thing in the morning Jessica calls. .  . . oh no! NOT again! Her furnace popped BIG time again! To make a long story short, they got a second opinion and this is NOT suppose to happen. DUH! Looks like the gas valve was turned to high. If it does it again, looks like the landlord is going to have to replace the furnace. What a week for Jessica! The good news is the heating guy was their regular guy that they couldn't get a hold of the first time this happened. Jessica really feels comfortable with him. When he left he gave her his cell number and said if she had ANY concerns with the furnace, to call him FIRST. Hopefully she sleeps better knowing that.

~ Saturday. After waking up on Tuesday with a nasty sore throat and cold, Michele said a good nights sleep helped a lot. And is feeling better. If she isn't much better on Monday I'm sending her to the doctor. Her and some others from Alpha Kappa Psi are leaving Wednesday for Kansas City, to fly out Thursday morning to Chicago.  We want her feeling well so she can enjoy her trip and have lots of F.U.N! I've ordered her to take lots of pictures and can't wait to post some when she gets back. I want a picture of her feet on the observation deck of Sears Tower. How cool!!! (Think I can fit in her suitcase?)

I started feeling poor on Thursday evening. Sore throat, head hurts and just feel plain yucky. With the bugs that have been floating around this winter, I feel pretty good considering this is the first I've been sick. Mom and Dad got the buggies almost a month ago! And just when they think they are over it. . . . not so much. 

~ The sun is shining! The world is bright! The temperatures are rising! ENJOY the beautiful day and days to come!!! 

No comments: