Saturday, July 23, 2011

good. . . . good. . . . .

The girls are doing awesome in Topeka!!  They are both keeping busy and are loving living together.  I think a lot of bonding is going on.  Jessica is going to be extremely busy the next couple weeks.  She will be working MANY hours as they have "Turn".   Michele has made it through her first week at Security Benefits and sounds like she is really enjoying it.  She has already been told that she can pick up more hours when she needs too and also that she is going to be able to use her internship as credit hours towards her degree.  Roger and I have been both busy with work.  When at home we are in the process of re-doing our living room.  He bought me all new furniture and I am LOVING it!  Just a few more little things here and there.  Then we should be done. . . . . in that room anyways.  Most evenings we are spending in our garden.  This summer has been extremely challenging with the heat.  With so many days over 100 ~ 107 degrees, we have had to start watering it twice a day.  And still it seems to be very droopy when we go out.  The strawberries are just kind of sitting there.  But the strawberry pot that Mom and Dad got me is growing like a weed.  I love going out every night to water it and eating my berries!  Thank you!  Thank you!!  Our tomatoes are doing so so.  They are growing good and do have tomatoes on them.  BUT the tomatoes seem to be staying green.  We have only had one that has turned red.  No problems at all with the cucumbers!!!!  I plant pickling cucumber and they seem to be going to town.  I think before long we will be making pickles.  We just LOVE those pickles!!!!!!

No comments: