Friday, July 8, 2011

in a pickle......

Once again..... someone was in a pickle. Us or her?? Story of my life! Roger and I went to Hays last night after I got off work. We went and picked up my new living room furniture (by the way... I just LOVE!). Got home, ate BLT's for supper and then decided to bring in my new purchase. I told Roger that I needed to vacuum the carpet as I had shampooed it a few nights before. While I was vacuuming, Jorge started barking and was just having a cow. Roger came walking in the house.... shaking his head. I asked... "What is up Jorge's behind?" and Roger responded..... "Look out the dang window!" And what did I see??? A young girl. Not any taller than 5 foot and couldn't have weighted 90 lbs wet. She said she was 35, but looked to be about maybe the girl's age. Her name was MK  and she was "on a journey". On her way from DC and going to California. Was not quite prepared for the hot weather and was getting a little dehydrated. Roger gave her water. Then she asked for a ride to the next town. Don't get me wrong..... I know you can't trust anyone. Roger had said that he would take her, but was worried. A strange girl could just make up any story. His word against hers. She was a LOT friendlier with him than with me. And we just didn't want to go there. So..... sorry Mom..... don't holler..... but I gave her a ride to Quinter. I'm pretty sure I could have taken her down. (Or at least I hope so!) But said, done and over with. I did what I did and felt pretty good last night about it. We have become a pretty good judge of character in the last 6 years. From the two mexican's almost running me over and then making out in my driveway.... to "The Virgin Whores" needing help.... to the mexican wanting to come  in and use our phone. We even joked a couple weeks ago  when a very nice young man stopped by and asked for Roger's help jump starting "his" tractor in the field next to our pasture. Or at least we really hope that it was his.... if anybody asks..... we know nothing. :-) 

No comments: